Monday, February 4, 2019

An Update

I listen to a podcast by this Comedian named Bert Kriescher. I highly recommend his comedy and podcast to EVERYONE... 

Anyway, he talks all the time about "speaking your goals". He says it's something he has always believed and always done. He makes a list of goals and then he reads them out loud, speaking them into existence. He says if he does this ore than once, he usually meets those goals naturally. 
I've never been much of a "hippie-dippy" type person but, I DO believe in prayer and God and figured that it is essentially like praying ask asking for something all while working hard so that you are in a position to accept the blessing you have been looking for. 

This year, I made my list of goals and I spoke them out loud. I prayed over them as well. Within 2 weeks or so, I started seeing a few things happen. Last payday Bee and I talked about what was due. What I could pay vs. what he could pay. There was no fighting about money. We are both on the same page for this pay which, was nice. The second thing that happened was that my new boss got "sick". I can't speak to what is wrong because I am not really sure. I just know that she hasn't worked a full week since she started, the Friday before Christmas. She has had 2 family crisis'es and this last one she has been out a whole week "sick" before her husband came in to talk to the office manager. The story the office manager gave me was that she has a horrible "viral infection" and will be out for at least 3 weeks. Probably more. The husband said she really likes this job and wants to come back when she is allowed but, understands if the position can't be held that long. They are stating that she could be, and probably will be, out for close to 6 weeks. After the husband left with all of her personal belongings, my office manager and the 2nd in command (my former manager), called me into their office. They told me what happened (for the record, I don't think she is sick like, "need-an-antibiotic-sick"..but it's really none of my business and I still like her just the same as I did before). I was asked if I would step up into the position of manager, temporarily, until my manager comes back. I was informed it would be A LOT of work and they will help where they can, but this is everyone's busiest time because of annual meetings and whatnot. They stated I would get a special line on my paycheck with a dollar amount as a "fee" for stepping in. and that if and when my manager comes back, everything would return to normal. If not, we would take it from there and decide what to do.

Ya'll. 

I took this as "We want to let you have the position BUT you are "new" and you haven't even been here a whole year yet SO, we will let you audition. Do well and it's yours. If you struggle then, we know you aren't ready.". So far, I have been rocking it! If my manager comes back it's ok because I know we have some new accounts starting that currently do not have a manager assigned to them. I was led to believe that they would be ok with me "taking on more responsibilities". If my manager doesn't come back then, I think the job will be mine! In the meantime, I am taking a HUGE sigh of relief from the temporary bonus in my paycheck!

As for everything else around here, it's been pretty busy. Zach had his football banquet. Coach had a lot of nice things to say about him, which was nice. Jackson has been busy tearing up my house :D 
My dad spent a few days with us last week while he was getting new tile so Jackson LOVED that.
We had some family come in from out of town and we spent a night or two hanging with them. It's been a very busy January. Looking forward to what February brings!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment